Indignites in a divorce,

I found out my husband was talking sexual (very disturbing sexual comments) to other women in Dec of 17. Met him June of 15 and got married Oct 16. He was doing this our entire relationship and I never knew. We lived on the lake and as lake communities go, people know your business before you do. When i found out i confronted him (found out Dec or 17) The humiliation and demise of my self respect took a big big hit.

I was going to buy him out of our house and stay there, until i found paperwork showing he put an offer in on a condo in Florida, (i did not know he was going to move out of state) When i found the paperwork i told him i was no longer going to buy the house. So he put the house on the market. The sold quick and we had like 6 weeks to be out. My house was being rented and they were due to move out the end of January,. I started moving my stuff over and lived have been living there since the end of Feb. He moved to florida mid march.

He lied about confirming that the lien on the house was take care and not going to interfere with us getting money back. (i even called but because his name was the only name on the paperwork they could not talk to me), i asked him for about 3 months if he had it checked it out etc, and always said i did we are good) He told me I was due about $22,000, after the house sold. The lien was not off and there was only a total $5600 back at closing, He said i could keep that money. Then at closing (i had to show up he was in Florida and already digitally signed the paperwork, he took $1300 of it to cover his rent at our lake house until he moved (he needed more time to move out )

My husband is filing for divorce in Florida . I live in NC.

I was driving his truck because he wanted to give my car to my son, i drove it for 3 years, he took that with him to Florida and I had to buy a car.

I also had to sell the boat. (made no $$ off it)

is there anything that i am entitled to in any of these situations

If there is marital property still left to be divided and distributed, then you can file an action for equitable distribution against your husband. You can also file for alimony if you are the dependent spouse and he is the supporting spouse, but all of this would need to be done before you have a divorce judgment.

Equitable distribution in NC will not consider marital fault and it is to be an equal distribution of the assets unless equal would be unequitable.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.