Investment Risks

What are my risks if I want to invest in some rental property and start a business and my divorce is not finalized? Is there any chance my STBX would have rights to any of it?

Yes, with respect to the property you should have your spouse sing a free trade agreement. The business will be yours as it will be started after the date of separation.