My divorce was granted back in March. The judge wanted one thing to be changed on the judgment and asked my attorney to do so. The judgment has still not been turned into the judge to sign and file. I have called my attorney almost everyday. One minute he says he has taken to the judge the next he is saying it is being prepared. Is there some kind of law that states it has to be done in a timely manner? Is there anything I can do to speed my attorney up beside hounding them everyday? My human resource manager keep asking me where the judgment is since I really was legally divorced as of March and my ex-spouse is still on my insurance.


If you cannot get a straight answer from your attorney, you may contact the state bar and file a complaint.