I forgot…he claims OH as his “residency state” (for taxes, driver’s license, etc)…


Dear towergirl:

Greetings. Yes, it sounds like he does. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Hello! My ex and I were married and divorced in OH. Two years ago, he obtained custody (no abuse, neglect, etc). He is in the military and has been stationed in NC for over four years. He has remarried a NC resident who has strong ties to NC. I want to register and modify the current custody order (constant parental interference…visitation, alienation, contemp or orders).

Does NC have jurisdiction to modify? Everything I read says NC does…but I want to make sure before I go through with this down there! By the way, I also no longer reside in OH and haven’t for 6 years.