Known from the start

I have been with my husband since 2012. We just recently got married on February 9, 2016.

He came into the relationship with full knowledge of my physical and mental health issues. He promised that he would take care of me and that me not being able to work (been fight for my disability for 4 yrs. now) wasn’t a problem.

He quit a 15$ an hour job (8 minutes away and because it was too stressful) to take a 10$ an hour job (45 minutes away). After 3 months he quit said job because he was afraid of getting fired.

I have medical bills, prescriptions, as well as the enability to do even do the simple tasks of housework (eg. Dishes, vacuuming, etc.) for any extended time.

He has been unemployed for 3 months and isn’t really trying to find a job.

We are on the verge of losing our house, having our utilities shut off, losing car insurance, as well as our minor bills. I have had to ask family for help just so we can eat.

He lied to me about doing whatever it would take to take care of me and wanting children.

This whole issue has been so stressful that I; am not sleeping much (3 hours at the most a night), feel deserted and hopeless. As well as, worsening depression and anxiety, and the overwhelming lack of trust I have for him.

Is there anything I can do to quicken the divorce process?

I would really like some help in this matter as soon as you can. The situation is affecting my health, which is already not good.

Thank you for any help you can lend.

In order to start the divorce process, you may want to present your husband with a separation agreement either before or soon after the two of you separate. A separation agreement is a contract that divides all marital property and marital debt and can address alimony, child custody, and child support. It sounds like you are a dependent spouse so you will want to consider asking for alimony from your husband.

Take a look at our Sample Separation Agreement as a guide for you.