Lawyer etiquette

I need some legal advice from a lawyer on my legal options pertaining to child custody. I live in Wilmington and I separated in 2011. We have a daughter who is going to be five in November. We have joint legal custody and I have primary physical custody, with my ex having visitation every other weekend and Wednesday evenings.

In January of 2012 our first order was entered
In August of 2012 my ex filed for a modification to the custody order based upon a substantial change in circumstance
In April of 2013 the judge determined there was no change in circumstances and the order stayed the same.

Now just a year and a half later my ex has a new lawyer (his 3rd) and he is again asking to modify custody for more time. He is citing the fact that his fiancée is pregnant and he wants our daughter to have a close relationship with her unborn half brother.

I have an attorney who has represented me very well the past four years. She is very expensive though. I can’t afford her services but I don’t know how best to navigate this and what I should tell her.

Either parent can move for a modification of child custody based on a substantial change in circumstances, and ultimately it will be up to the judge to decide if the modification is in the child’s best interests. I’m a little confused by your question at the end - what should you tell who?