Leaving state with kids

Husband and I are currently living in North Carolina, our permanant residency is in Michigan (here for work) We have been fighting and he tells me to take kids and go back to Michigan, so if I do I am wondering if I can legally do that? Would he be able to turn around and charge me with Kidnapping of kids or something like that? Thank you

Yes, especially since he has consented to your return home. Taking your children out of state is not kidnapping unless there is a court order preventing you from taking them.