Legal Residence

Nope it’s not legal although people choose to do this all the time. If your ex can prove that your “partner” had anything to do with your separation/impending divorce, then oh yeah it could have a bearing on the outcome of the divorce.

Thank you for the response. My wife left me twice. When she came back the third time we lived separately for a year and I did not see my partner for that time (who I met when I was living alone). I moved out after that year when my last child went off to college and have resumed my life with my partner. We live together on weekends and now plan to make it a permanent living arrangment. During the past 1 1/2 years since I moved out, my wife has been engaged although that relationship no longer exists. My partner most certainly did not cause my marriage to disolve.

No, I don’t think so either. And that’s why the whole criminal conversation law is such bull. It basically says that a man or woman can be brainwashed into leaving their spouse–wretched homewreckers! What a stupid concept. If someone wants to leave, they will leave. We’re not a bunch of Stepford wives (or husbands). The blame lies with the adulterer.

I’m assuming that living with a partner while a divorce is not yet final is NOT a legal since it did not warrant an attorney’s response. And to take it one step further…it therefore would or should have no baring on the outcome of the divorce. Would that be a fair statement? Thanks.