Legal separation agreement

I wanted to know if I could just I could write something up and the 2 of us sign and have notorized without all the legal wording? Would that be something I can use to make a separation legal and can be used with school registration?

You really need a proper agreement drafted and should have a lawyer review the same before you sign anything. The legal terms are important and need to be included to ensure all issues are dealt with properly.