Legal seperation questions

Dear Balanced1979:

Greetings. The majority of your questions are ones that must be answered by an attorney directly (over the phone or in their office during an initial consultation). Let’s see what I can answer for you though:

1. The process takes only as long as it must for the both of you to come to an agreement if you have an attorney who drafts quickly and sets up meetings in a timely manner. Please see our fee calculator to determine how much the process would cost in our office.

2. This would need to be answered in an initial consultation.

3. Generally the answer is no, your wife is not entitled to anything that you earn after the date of separation. Now, if you buy something with marital funds, she is entitled to her fair share of that item.

Best of luck and let us know if we can help.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am currently in the U S ARMY. While deployed to Iraq last year my wife of four years engaged in a series of affiars. As a result of her affiars she has a child by another man. I have tried to work things out, but I think its time to let go. We now have two childern
toghether. My questions are. 1)what does the process intell, how long will it take, how much will it cost? 2)Other than take care of my kids what else am I responable for if we do get legally seperated, do I have to give her any money? 3)After getting legally seperated is she still in titled to anything that I work for or buy?

Thanks balanced 1979