Marital Home

Ex signed a Deed of Trust securing future advances while we were still married naming her attorney as the beneficuary for his fee’s. Attorney now wants me who was never ordered to pay his fee’s pay him $20,000 or he will foreclose on my house that I live in with our children. Was this legal to do without my signature as we both owned the house while married? Our ED has not been finished yet and the Deed was sighed 3 years ago this month. Can he foreclose when the bank holds the first mortgage for $150,000?