Mediation when no childern are involved

The simple answer may be … get a new lawyer. If your lawyer is not doing what you want (filing a lawsuit) and you do not agree with his or her reasoning as to why this isn’t the correct path, perhaps you need new legal counsel. However, that being said, I recommend a cost benefit analysis. Litigation is a costly venture. Is it worth spending money to litigate the outstanding issue?

Best of Luck.

Robin F. Verhoeven
Attorney at Law
Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCdivorce.com
(919)787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

This has been going on for almost two years now…House was sold, business was sold, now there are only two pieces of property left.
So far in all of this, I have received nothing due to paying all the debt involved, she got 85,000 in money and property from the house. The two pieces of property total in value 37,000. The lawyers keep saying mediation. I don’t want mediation, I want to go to court and fight for what’s left. How do I get the lawyers to understand this ?
As I stated, no children are involved
Thanks