Members of this site: Warning of spam e-mail

I got one of those two. I reported it as spam and blocked the sender. I assume that as long as someone has a log in for any forum they can get an e-mail address from the profiles. Always watch what you open in e-mails and especially be wary of anyone asking for investment or finacial funding or information.
Thanks for the heads up[:)]

quote:
[i]Originally posted by stepmother[/i] [br]I got one of those two. I reported it as spam and blocked the sender. I assume that as long as someone has a log in for any forum they can get an e-mail address from the profiles. Always watch what you open in e-mails and especially be wary of anyone asking for investment or finacial funding or information. Thanks for the heads up[:)]

Err rather I got one of those TOO

Yeah, I got one too. I appreciate the Princess’ offer, but the last “princess” I met who supposedly had money ended up becoming my ex wife and has been “sponging” off me since.

" fool me once, shame on you…
fool me twice, shame on me…"

hawhman:

If it had been a Prince sending it, I may have replied…LOL just kidding.
I understand about having someone sponge off of you. I feel as if I have been the sole bread winner and baker since I met my husband. I thought that things would change but of course they never did. It would get better a short time, but the continue in the same old routine. I know that deep down inside he can be a good responsible, kind and loving man, but I just couldn’t wait for him to grown up.

Does it get better?

The only way it gets better is when the situation or your attitude changes. You can’t continue to do the same thing and expect different results every time. My ex was the same way. He would do something that and I would get angry, we would spend a couple weeks not talking or with lots of tension between us and he would “straighten up”. Then after a while, slowly it would go back to the way it was before. I realized afterward that it was partly my. After all, I did let him get away with it. I allowed it, and I adapted to it. I knew in my heart also, that my ex could be a loving and responsible adult and a good person, but I think now that that is just what I wanted him to be. That maybe he wasn’t capable of that at all. I stayed in the situation and made myself believe that he would eventually grow up and our relationship would change. HAHA! Jokes on me. I never realized that I should demand more from myself and my standards and not tolorate anything less. We would never have stayed together as long as we did had it not been for me adapting. I had to quit giving in and lowering my morals and goals for our relationship to realize that IT wasn’t going to change, but that I had to change to survive.

Bad news for ya patricia1. My ex is in her 40’s now. Mom says that a woman won’t change her ways at that age. Unless I can get Ted Kennedy to take my ex on a date (preferrably near water) I have no choice but to wait this out for the next 9 years. Some people will never change because they’re so wrapped up in themselves, they become oblivious to everything around them. Everything sacred to me was taken away, my children, my good name, my honor, and my dignity. Now, being left with nothing the only advice I can give is that I’ve found three things that help: 1. Sarcasm: It’s selfish, but it’s insulting to the other person, plus it shows you’re smarter than they are. 2. Humor: No one can take away your laugh or your sense of humor, sometimes the “stupider”, the better. As long as you think it’s funny it doesn’t matter if anyone else gets it. 3. Karma: It exhists, and it bites some deserving person in the @$$ everyday. Eventually everyone gets what’s coming to them when they least expect it.

Sorry to hear that some people have no principals and would use this forum for their own purposes. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

This was sent to my yahoo account this morning. As you can tell the person sending this got my info. from this site. Has anyone else rec’d the same?

Here is a copy of the e-mail I rec’d.

Hello patricia1

You received the following message from: princessfatu
(koneprincess001@yahoo.com)

At: ncdivorce.com/messageboard/

Av.12 RD 16,Apt.39B, Triechville
Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire.
PLEASE REPLY ME WITH THIS MY EMAIL ADDRESS(koneprincess@yahoo.com )

URGENT ASISTANCE

Good day Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business
relationship with you .I am Princess. Fatu Kone From Abidjan Cote
d’ivoire, I wish to request for your urgent assistance in my investment
plans in your base, I wish to invest in manufacturing and real estate
management in your base,this is because I inheritated an important sum
from my late father who died in recent political crisis in Cote
d’Ivoire here.

Before the death of my father he informed me near his hospital bed at
chu- teaching hospital, that he has saved the total sum of
($10.700,000) Ten Million Seven houndred thousand united states dollars
only, in
one of the bank here in cote d Ivoire.

This money was been deposited for my social security and for fruitful
international investment.That is why I need you to keep this
transaction
highly confidential and trustworthy person who will assist me to
receive this fund overseas for investment establishment purpose
indurities and
lucratives profitable ventures.

Further directives and details about the deposit and on how to move
the fund successfully into your private bank account in your country
will be given to you as soon as I get your response,
PLEASE REPLY ME WITH THIS MY EMAIL ADDRESS(koneprincess@yahoo.com )
Yours Faithfully.
Princess Fatu