Modifying Custody


I was wondering what i need to file to have custody modified due to my daughters father going into foreclosure on his home. Being that he has no income and soon no home I would think custody needs to be modified since my daughter will have no roof over head at her fathers,

Thank you.

You may file a motion to modify custody, but you will have to show that your husband’s forclosure will be a substantial change in circumstances affecting your daughter. If your husband can demonstrate that he will be able to provide alternative housing that constitutes a safe environment for the child custody will not likely be modified.