Mother's Day Gift

Since you have been kind enough to respond to my post, I am more than happy to return the favor. Here are two suggestions:

(1) a day at a “spa” to get pampered
(2) a weekend in New York to see a show and have a great dinner

Hope you find the perfect gift.
Linda

Hi there,
Since you have always been very nice and sober to all of us lost in this divorce maze, its our time to give back.

How about the following:
1.A book that will help her never come to this forum to ask questions;
2.a ‘massage night out’;
3.A shopping voucher at her favorite store.

Am a boring guy with limited ideas (among other things my ex always said about me), so lets hear what others have to say as well.

For a laugh, I realize this also helps to ‘bump up’ your request!

I am into edible gifts…
My recommendation if she likes chocolate covered strawberries it to go to sherries.com and order her some sherries berries. THEY ARE DELICIOUS and probably the largest strawberries I have ever seen. I have ordered them for many special people in my life and they are alway a hit.

There are also websites out there were you can do a delivery a month where you can change the item each month or stick with the same item, but the items range from flowers to chocolates to wine.

Good Luck on your search. I try to find new things every year to send to my mom, so if you come up with a really neat/unusual idea i would love to hear it.

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!
Stacey

I should have checked the website before I hit send…sorry.

It is actually www.berries.com (Shari’s Berries)

[:D] Thanks for taking the forum to a different spin…nice break! My favorite gifts are those which are handmade or something bought as a suprise. If you have children, take them shopping for mom. It helps to ease the tension when the kids see the parents doing something civil and nice.

1. Handmade cards/gifts
    or…my personal favorite: a new CD or two of my favorite drive music and a full tank of gas…let mom go cruising to where ever she wants to go! Have the kids choose the music and help them burn the CD and decorate the jewel case! Don’t forget to pay for the tank of gas, too!

Happy shopping everyone - and Jane, thanks for the advice! Happy mom’s day sweetie!

This may not be up your alley, but you may have other talents you haven’t thought of that would be similar.

One year, right after my mother was diagnosed with cancer and they moved to this area, I made her a two layer cake decorated like a basket containing a dozen yellow roses (made from fondant).

She still talks about it today. I guess the “something made by the child is best” is still true even if the child is nearly 40.

This year I am making her a piece of furniture. (bookcase)

I think my wife’s favorite mother’s day gift was a day at the spa.

Good luck!!

Janet,

My best friend created a mother’s day gift for his mother once - one that I always remember. He made a collage (sp?) of about 15 - 20 pictures of shots of him and his mother together at different phases in their life. A couple from the day he was brought home from the hospital, a cute one of her holding him up in the sink after a bath (you can see his little butt - hehehe), a shot from a baseball game, one from his HS graduation, another from college, etc… he formed a collage and then he burnt the edges of the collage and had it all matted into a piece of wood. This wood was actually a 3 inch thick piece of stump from a tree that they had cut down off their property that year. So the piece of wood was sort of rounded (3 inches off the end of the log) and all glazed. This collage hangs in her home and is one of her favorite pieces to show off.

Just a thought…

Shelly

You are all so talented and thoughtful! How much I appreciate all your ideas…THANK YOU!

I promise to use one of the ideas and report back, but now I have to decide which one.

By the way, JohnDoe - I don’t think your idea was boring at all.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hey Forum Readers:

I need help coming up with a great mother’s day gift idea. Since I have spent all of my creativity here today and need to get a wonderful gift for my mother - please let me know the best gift you ever gave, received, or thought of for mother’s day. I appreciate your time and help.

Dads and Husbands - do not forget that mother days is a great way to get some buy in with the mother of your children. Get her a gift or help your kids get her a gift, make her a card, etc.

Moms and Wives - don’t hope they know…tell the men and children what you want!!!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.