Moving Out of State


Technically both of you have equal rights to your child so you cannot unilaterally decide to move out of state with the child. If your spouse is abusive you should seek help immediately. You should meet with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your case and they will be able to help you moving forward to convince a court that it is in your child


I was laid off from my job and was offered another position w/ the company in another state. I was going to use this opportunity to leave my abusive spouse. However, when he heard about it he advised that I could not take our child out of state without his permission. Is this true?