Jarhead’s friend:

He should communicate with his commanding officer about his problems with her, since she may have a mental health issue. He should get a restraining order against her due to her behavior and possibly a domestic violence restraining order against her.

He may want to file a custody action when he returns. Best of luck and sorry I have not great answers, only legal ones.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.