Need a Good Attorney in Jacksonville

Contact the North Carolina Bar Association, Lawyer Referral Service at (In-state callers:) 1-800-662-7660 or (Out-of-state callers:) (919) 677-8574 to find an attorney in Jacksonville.

Good luck!

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I left my husband of six months in October 2002 and returned to my home in California. I was concerned because he trashed our apartment, put a hole in the wall, and threw books at me. He is a Marine stationed in Jacksonville. In May 2003, he filed an action for divorce from bed and board against me. An attorney in California recommended I get an attorney in Jacksonville to pursue child support (our baby was born in California after I left) and finish the divorce. He thought it would be cheaper to do that than have him do the work in California. He also mentioned the Seamens and Sailors Act and something about my husband’s bed and board filing puts jurisdiction in North Carolina anyway. My questions are, what do you think of this advice, and how do I get a referral for a good attorney in Jacksonville (my husband used Samuel Popkin for the bed and board action)?