Need attorney response

How did none of the other officers not know? Nobody from dept invited to wedding or was it out of town or something? Usually, officers are really close, I know, i married one and trying to get out.

He is a very private person, and stated that he did not want to invite anyone from work because he did not want any of them in his business, they did not find out until after the fact

quote:
Originally posted by unhappy
How did none of the other officers not know? Nobody from dept invited to wedding or was it out of town or something? Usually, officers are really close, I know, i married one and trying to get out.

Dear imani143:

Greetings. How horrible for you! Fraud is one of the grounds for annulment, but usually that is fraud about being pregnant or some other grounds that coerced or lead someone to be married. It sounds to me like you will need to file a claim for alimony, which given the facts of your case I think a judge would award you. No, you can’t stop the bankruptcy, but you can ask the court to transfer the property to you and alimony is generally non-dischargeable. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I recently married a officer of the law July 2005, After being married 1 month I got a call from a lady stating she was his fiance’ and they have been dating 5.5 years,we have been together over 10, He now has left our home, i do not know were he is staying I do know that he is still contacting her, can I get this marriage annuled, what are my options, I am staying in a house that he had built for me, but my name is no were on the deed or mortgage, I just found out that he has not paid the mortgage pymt. The phone was turned off for non payment, he refuses to return my calls, what are my rights? I think he may be in the process of filing Chapter 7, can I stop this, some of his co workers did not know he was married until I dropped in for a surprise visit.