No contact


Dear maxtilly:

Greetings. First, I don’t know any “cheap” lawyers. Most of the attorneys charge their clients what it costs for them to run their offices, pay their bills, staff, malpractice insurance, etc.

Now, in order to have her name removed from the marital residence, you need to file an action for equitable distribution and make a motion for interim distribution. You must do this prior to the divorce in order to ensure that you do not waive your claim of equitable distribution. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My wife left our marriage 3 years ago. I have assumed house payments for this period of time. We had no separation agreement—she just left. I have not had any contact with her, nor do I know where to find her. I would like to get this matter settled. The house is in both of our names. I do not have the funds to hire a private detective or an expensive lawyer. Where do I go from here?