Noncustodial Parental Rights

I’m kind confused on what kinds of rights do I have as a noncustodial parent. My son’s father has Physical Custody of our son and we both Share Legal custody of him. But the issue is…I have supervised visitation due to the courts deeming me to be a “Flight Risk”. So I don’t know what I can and cannot do when it pertains to Shared Legal Custody.

My son’s father doesn’t communicate or share with me about anything that has to do with our son. I am always in the dark when it comes to matters concerning my son. Also, he doesn’t let me be involved in the decision making on things such as schooling, medical treatment, or anything. He assumes since I have supervised visitation…that he doesnt have to tell me anything and that I don’t have any rights or say so when it comes to our son. He doesnt even tell me that my son was see at the Emergency Room!

So with that said, what are my rights?

Joint legal custody means that you should be a part of the all decision making. You should file a motion for order to appear and show cause and list all the times you know he has made decisions without your input.