Nothing Attached to Divorce Decree


My divorce was final in December of 2007 with nothing attached as far as a legal seperation agreement. I have been helping my X husband out with $$$$ every month since then just to help him get on his feet. I have sinced stopped his support. He has now filed suit against me wanting the support $$$ to continue. What are my chances in court?


If you are not contractually bound to pay him support, and there is no court order, or alimony claim which was pending prior to the entry of divorce he has no claim for support from you and his case should be dismissed.
If you did enter into a Separation Agreement prior to divorce which requires you to pay support and he has filed a breach of contract action you will be required to pay as the agreement dictates.