On strike? Lock on door?

I am not an attorney, but I would not go on strike. If you are the primary caregiver to your son, it may look bad if you “adandon” him for the day. At least your wife may play it that way. I would definatly gather any documents that you need in order to prove that your wife makes more money and that you are the primary caregiver. It sounds like you may be the dependent spouse, so you may be entitled to alimony, and it is likely you will get primary custody. Lawyers may be expensive, but in the long run they really do help save expenses. You need to hire the best attorney you can and start preparing for the divorce hearing. A good attorney can make sure that you get what is entitled to you. Good Luck.

I"M NOT A ATTORNEY BUT THIS IS HOW I SEE IT,DON’T DO THE STRIKE, 1ST KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR KID, 2ND: DON’T YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE ASK HER TO LEAVE, BUT IF YOU DO TAKE THE KID WITH YOU. 3RD: WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN( THE WRONG THINGS SHE DO)3RD: GET A ATTORNEY AND ASK FOR, PRIMARY JOINT COUSTODY, CHILD SUPPORT, ALIMONY, AND ASK TO HAVE YOUR SPOUSE PAY YOUR ATTORNEY FEES.$TH REMEBER EVERYTHING YOU BOTH HAVE DURING THE COURSE OF THE MARRIAGE IS SPLIT 50/50(PROFIT or DEBT. DURING THIS WHOLE DIVORCE CUSTODY ISSUE SHE WILL TRY TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A TERRIBLE HUSBAND AND FATHER, BE PREPARED TO SEE A DIFFERENT SIDE OF THE PERSON YOU THOUGHT YOU NEW(ITS GONNA GET UGLY). LAST THING WHEN AND IF YOU GET A ATTORNEY TELL THEM THE COMPLETE TRUTH ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE GOOD AND BAD THAT WAY WHEN YYOU AND YOUR ATTORNEY GO TO COURT YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT, ANY SURPRISES WILL CRUSH YOU IN COURT IF YOUR ATTORNEY DOESN’T KNOW ABOUT IT.

Thanks a bunch for the replies.

How about a strike from 6am to 8 am?

Lock on my door upstairs? Good or bad?

Dear brank:

Greetings. No - no strike. What you are trying to do (I am assuming) is to show her how valuable your services are and how much they are worth. Do you honestly believe that she cares or that if you do this she will not try to use it against you in some way? She clearly, based on her actions so far, does not see the value in your efforts and does not plan on trying to.

My advice is that you contact an attorney and learn about child support and alimony. Men are entitled, and receive, alimony.

Also, putting a lock on your door can be seen as constructive abandonment and I advise against it. You can get a safety deposit box to keep your valuables or a lock box. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

ROSEN.COM

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

We live together and are getting separated. Her word means nothing and she laughs about it. She does not say what she means or mean what she says.

She makes more money than me and has spent hours consulting with her attorney. I have no attorney at this time.

I am the primary caregiver to our 7 year old son. I make sure he