Other women and visitation


Unless this woman is a physical threat to your children or has some bad criminal record or has been harrassing your children, I do not think you can prevent her from having contact with your children-especially if your husband eventually ends up being with her either as a boyfriend or husband.

I believe you can have wording put in a separation agreement concerning dating as it pertains to your children (no opposite sex in their presence, no introductions until XX months…) but he would have to agree to it with his signature.


You can draft this type language into a separation agreement; however it will be very hard to enforce. If your husband does allow this woman around your children your only remedy is to file a breach of contract action.
If you were to try to move forward on this issue in court, you would likely have to prove that this woman is a real danger to your children.

Erin E. Clarey
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

Raleigh Office
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 943.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


My husband has been having an affair for sometime now. We have gotten back together and tried to work things out, and the affair stopped. Now the affair has started again. Can I put in the separation agreement that she cannot have any contact with my children? This women for months called and harrassed me and told me many things, even after the affair ended. She is not someone I would ever want near my children.