Parental Custody law reform

Dear Jumper:

Greetings. Thanks for letting us know about this article, as we were just talking about this new theory of presuming 50-50 time yesterday in the office. What I see is that the 50-50 presumption is looking at the parents’ rights, while the best interests of the child is a focus on the children. I don’t know where this action will take us, but it will be interesting to see. Are you thinking of trying to get into the lawsuit if it hits NC?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I thought about it. If I were to join the lawsuit, what do I need to do? I live in Oklahoma but my kids live in NC. My divorce was filed and finalized in NC. Would I join the lawsuit with others in NC or from here in OK? What fees would be needed up front?

Dear Jumper:

I honestly don’t know how to enter this lawsuit or anything else about it other than the artcile you cited in your post. I would assume that you need to contact the lawfirm that is pursuing this action. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Janet,
What information can you give me about this?

cnn.com/2004/LAW/10/08/custo … index.html