Petition to Sue as an Indigent

I am working through divorce paperwork that I got off Wake County’s Legal Aid website. It mentions that a person can file to sue as an indigent to get reduced court costs. What are the requirements to take advantage of this aid?

I do not know the specific requirements, but the do it yourself clinic at the courthouse should have information on the topic.