Proper County for Termination of Parental Rights

I have grounds to terminate the parental rights of the ex (no child support has been paid in over 2 years). The question I have is which county to file in…there is a custody and support order from 2010 in Mecklenburg County (when everyone lived there), but the child now lives in Cabarrus County and the ex lives in Davidson County.

So, do i file it as a new Petition to Terminate in Cabarrus, or as a motion to terminate in Mecklenburg?

According to N.C.G.S § 50-13.5(f). Venue is proper in the county where the child resides or is present or in a county where either parent resides. You can make a motion to change venue to Cabarrus county.