Registrtation of custody papers in Virginia


Dear miss b:

Greetings. You register the custody papers in Virginia and I would file a Motion to Show Cause here in the county where you live in NC. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Child custody was finalilzed in North carolina where I reside. I"m the father of a nine year old girl and was awarded primary custody of her. The child’s mother resides in Rihmond, Viringina, She had visitation over the summer and has not returned my daughter. She has refused to have my daughter available to be picked up by me.Iwoul like to know how to register the custody paper and get my daughter back to me in North Carolina.

Renee Bennett