Reguarding alimony recapture

I have alimony recapture this year, if all goes well. Not the end of the year yet.

I have search the internet. I have read that I can amend my prior tax returns Year 1 and 2 and get a tax refund. Is this really the case?
My CPA and Lawyer can’t seem to help me.


Would it not make sense to amend the returns. I have already pay taxes on it. Ex will recapture and pay taxes on IT again. Thus the money has a double tax on it.

I cannot offer any tax advice, and would suggest you seek out an attorney specializing in tax law to ensure you get the right answer.