Requesting a change or amendment to part of a previous court

My son was ordered into counseling with his father and a counselor on a bi-weekly basis as part of a court order. I was awarded full custody of my son. He was one month short of being 16 and has attended counseling as required for over 1 year. He is now 17 years old and does not wish to continue the counseling. The court ordered it at the discretion of the counselor. My son has never felt comfortable with said counselor and I have spoken with her and indicated this on moe than one occasion. My son does not feel that any progress has been made and the counselor admits this but has indicated she wants to continue. My son wishes to stop altogether and is willing to indicate this to a judge or in writing if necessary. Do I have to file a new motion and go back to court all over again or is there a way to ask the court for this separately?

You will need to file a motion to modify the order.