Response lost in the mail, how to serve again?


I sent a response to a divorce complaint, and served the plaintiff’s lawyer using the post office, with delivery confirmation, I can track my envelope and I see it is stuck in the wrong zip code and possibly lost in the Xmas mail ordeal. How do I serve again? Can I just stop by my ex address and give her the response? Filing was made Friday.


In order to re-serve you must get a new summons issued and may again by certified mail or you may serve by sheriff. For now, I would suggest you just wait a few days to see if it gets sorted out on its own.