Reveiw appealed

Dear fedup:

Greetings. First, let me tell you emphatically that I do not know anything about Tennessee law on divorce, child support, child custody, etc. So, if you were in North Carolina, I would tell you to obtain a private attorney to assist you with the child support issue (to help you organize your documents into proper exhibits and to subpoena documents from your X).

Also, if your child custody schedule was set by the court in an order, you should immediately file a motion to show cause to ask the court to hold your X in contempt for the times she will not assist you properly with visitation. If you do not have a court order, you will want to file a claim for custody. Filing a claim for custody is the only way for the court to listen to your problems with visitation.

Filing a claim for custody does not always mean that you are seeking the child to come live with you, but there is no other way to request changes or improvements in the visitation schedule - since custody and visitation are almost synonyms. Best of luck in Tennessee!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I meant to say Georgia, but I seem to have Tennessee on my mind. Best to speak to a local attorney in Georgia. Best of Luck!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

thanks so much anyways. We do not have a web site like this in Ga at the time, just thought you could give some advice, in which you have and I gladly appreciate it.

No problem & best of luck to you!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

I am from GA and I sure hope you can help me with my questions. I have a son from a previous marriage in which I pay child support on. I recently had a new baby girl with my current wife and I turned in a reveiw for modification on child support through CSE. My ex wife did not particapate in that reveiw but when CSE made the decision to lower my child support, she appealed it and we have a court date set for that hearing. My summons papers state: Notice of Hearing/ Request for Production and they state that both of us need to bring proof of income for past three years, income tax refunds and all copies of child support payments. My questions are, what all will take place in this hearing? Will she have to show proof of where the child support money is going? Will her income reflect the decision if child support will increase or decrease? Will she have to prove my son needs more money? If so, how will she need to do that? Furthurmore, I have had so many problems with visitation with my son because of my ex wife. She denies me my weekends and when she does let him come, she is constantly harassing us over the phone. She has came to my home and made threats to my wife wanting to fight, in which I have a police report on that incident. She has sent me emials saying she is taking me court and the judge is a personal friend of hers and that it will help her. I was ordered through the divorce to carry insurance on my son in which I have done. Since she has went through CSE, they told me that if it is more than 5% of my paycheck for insurance, I am not required to carry it- so I dropped it because it was way over 5%.And she was turning in Medicaid also while I was paying for private insurance on him. I also have proof of that. Will I be able to bring all of this up in the hearing and will all of the evidence I have help me? I also have receipts showing I paid her $1350.00 for child support before I was ever ordered, when we first separated waiting on the divorce.Do I need to hire a private attorney to take with me? Please tell me I have a case!!!