Right to contract explanation

I am drafting my SA and don’t understand what this paragraph is implying:

RIGHT TO CONTRACT. Both Husband and Wife shall have the right to
contract and to be fully contracted with, independently of the other, as fully and to all intents and
purposes as if they had never been married.

Does this refer to while we are separated or assumes after an absolute divorce? What kind of contract besides marriage would this be referencing?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, you’ve asked something that goes beyond what we’re able to deal with on the forum. You need a specific answer to a specific legal question and you should work with an attorney to get your issue resolved. Fortunately, we’ve got a program that might be helpful to you.

Rosen Divorce Online is a service that provides you with unlimited access to an attorney along with all of the forms you’ll need to get your problem solved. There is a fee for the program, but you’ll get the specific answers you need to move forward and get your legal issues resolved.

I wish we could devote more resources to this forum to answer complicated and specific questions such as yours, however, that’s not something we’re able to do in every instance. The Online service is exactly what you need and it’s offered at a reasonable cost. I hope you’ll take a look at it and see if it might be useful to you.

Information about Online service is available at http://rosen.com/diy.

Good luck.

Oh. I thought a general idea of what those words meant was easier to address than specific legal advice! I don’t need advice, just needed someone trained in this language to interpret. :wink:

You have explained verbiage before on this forum so I’m confused why this question was any different.

These were paragraphs in the Courthouse Confidential that Lee Rosen emailed. I just didn’t understand those particular “legal jargon” words. This isn’t my personal SA.