Seeking advise


It sounds like you have had a pretty rough time of your divorce because of your wife. You should review your separation agreement and see if there are any “non-interference” clauses that you may want to try enforcing in addition to the 50B. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to take your wife back to court and sell the house at this point unless there are other clauses in your separation agreement that allow you to do so.

In the same way, you won’t be able to change your ex-wife from a money hungry mom into someone who will actually let you get on with your life, but you may want to consider talking to a counselor about the best way to deal with the feelings and frustration she causes you, for the sake of your daughter. Good Luck!

Ketan P. Soni
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My story: I was married for 17 1/2 years, during this marriage my daughter was born. On 12/23/1997, I was divorced. My now ex-wife is re-married to the man she had an affair with and they both reside in the home I tried to make for my family. Since the divorce she has harassed me and anyone I tried to have a relationship with.
Since, 9/3/02 I have met up with my High School Sweetheart and we are planning to get married sometime this year. All of us went to school together, everyone knows each other.
The ex has harassed us so much that we have taken a 50B (restraining order) out on her for 1 year. The ex has taken me to court for child custody, and now I pay child support.
My problem is that every legal contract has been broken by her. I don’t know where to turn to get rid of her. The Marital Property (according to the divorce papers)will be up for sale when my daughter, (now 15 yrs old) turns 19 yrs old. Can I take the ex back to court,to sale the house before my daughter reaches the age of 19?
How can I stop the money hunger ex-wife and be done with her dishonest ways?