Separated 10 years, living in another state

My girlfriend has been separated from her marriage for 10 years. We live in Kentucky and as far as we he " husband live in North Carolina. What would be the process to make this as fast and easy as possible?

Most likely Kentucky has jurisdiction over a divorce case since your girlfriend lives in Kentucky. To file for absolute divorce in North Carolina, the person filing must be a resident of North Carolina for at least the past 6 months.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.