Separated step parent has my child


I have recently found out that my ex and his wife separated. She has come back to NC from Arizona with my child and did not want me to know they were living here (he is still living in Arizona). I have joint custody with the father and have no way to contact him as all communication went through her. Am I able to legally pick up my child and keep her since she is not with her father? I know her stepmom is going to put up a fight as she has done her best to keep my daughter from me for the past several years.


You must file a motion with the court and go through the proper channels to modify custody.