Stbe legal issues


So I find out the soon to be ex owes for overpayment he recieved through the unemployment security commission some 2+ years ago. Coinsidering we were filing our taxes jointly, should I expect that money to “disappear” from the refund check this year? If it does how do I get it back considering I had nothing to do with his folishness.

Tandy N Robinson Davis


File IRS form 8379 when you file your tax return. This form will allow you to allocate your portion of the tax to you and your STBX to him.

You will get any refund due to you.


You should speak to a tax attorney regarding this issue to ensure you comply with the IRS rules and follow the proper procedures.