Suppressing income

Dear acl:

Greetings. sahm = Stay at Home Mom, right? If he has stopped working the part-time job, it is unlikely that he will be made to start a new one simply for child support. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

i forgot to ask about child/spousal support. i am a sahm, two years ago my husband changed jobs and took a lower paying job to be in town and have steady hours. he did this so he could get a part time job which he did working with youth at our church for $1000 per month. he has left this job and now will not get another job, now he says i have “milked” him for years. this cut in our budget has meant my having to give up my health insurance ( i have not been on his work policy for years because it was to expensive). he also does not cover our kids with health insurance. will this be factored into child and or spousal support as it will be a while before i can go to work and be able to afford this (our kids are covered under nc health choice so he has no money going out of his pocket for their insurance). the main reason he will not get another pt job is because he only makes 29,000 at the lower paying job he took (instead of support being based on the 41,000 he was making with the 1,000 per month added in). thank you