Suspend Child Support

My ex-wife says that I no longer need to pay child support to her. Is this something the court would consider?

Yes, the court can consider this. If your children are receiving any sort of public assistance, however, the judge will not allow child support to be suspended. She can later on file for child support again, even if she suspends it now.