Taxes

Dear shariB0822:

Greetings. Yes, you are still legally married. You should speak with a tax expert (such as an accountant) concerning how to file for your taxes. I think that you can either filed married (with your husband) or married filing separately.

No, you cannot throw out his stuff, as that will be dissipation, waste, conversion, or destruction of marital or separate assets and you will be held liable for the value of the same. So, now you are going to tell me that it is all worthless crap. Yes, it may be, but you cannot now throw it out. Call him and tell him to come pick it up. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Can anyone help?
My husband and I have not been together since 6/2003
We did not draw up separation papers. Are we still legally
married? How do I file my taxes? Do I file married, filing
seperatly, or single head of household?
we live in NC.

Also, he has said he’ll be back to get his remaining stuff, that was back in Aug. I have had no contact with him since.
Can I legally throw it out?

Thanks,
Shari