Telephone conferences

My ex wife resides in Union County. I reside out of the country and cannot afford to travel while missing work. My financial circumstances have substantially changed since my original child support order and I need to attempt a modification. Is it possible to request a family court hearing where I can appear via telephone? If so, what is the process?

If not possible, can anyone explain the purpose of local rule #19 for Union County family courts?

Thank you for your time.

In some circumstances judges will allow parties to appear via telephone or video feed, that is in fact what the local rule you mentioned is intended to address. You’ll need to contact the Union County clerk of court to ask what the proper procedure is to be permitted to testify while physically absent.