Temporary Child Custody


My wife is trying to get primary custody of my 15 year old. We are more than likely going to go to court over it. She says her lawyer is going to file papers for this and try to settle it quickly. If she gets temporary custody as the primary guardian, can she move away from this area if we haven’t gotten the final verdict? She thinks that this will be settled quickly, but I think it will be a long battle. She will not discuss the ED or any other issue until this one is resolved. Can she just ignore the ED if the custody isn’t settled?


You can, and should request that the judge include a provision in the temporary order that prevents a move from the area.
She cannot ignore ED if you file an action for the same and set the matter for hearing.