Time delay in financial settlement

If its an court order for her to pay then she owes $2,200, you need to get Child Custody Enforcement involved but depends on what county you live in how long its gonna take.

Is there anyway to speed up getting my wife to get the financial paperwork so we can settle the other finances(property,alimony etc.)?

blair highsmith

If she is dragging her feet on getting you the financial information you need, you do have the option of filing a lawsuit. You can then use the court system to force her to provide you with the information you need to resolve the issues in a timely manner.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

There is a consent order solving child custody issues but my spouse has been dragging her feet on getting info together for the financial settlement. According to the child support office she is to pay at least 550 per month but has paid nothing so it is going to court. How can I get her to speed up the process of filing info so we can have a financial settlement of all other property? She has stalled for time for 4 months so far.

blair highsmith