If I have a therapist that has verified that NCP has had a year of supervised visitation in which he has failed to BOND with the child. The confusion of him entering her life has created anxiety, intrusive thoughts of worry and depression. The child stating directly to her, in therapy that she does not understand why the NCP has come into her life and she does not understand why she has to visit with him, when she already has a daddy (stepfather).
would the information above be sufficient to prove General Statue 7b111 (a)(1)

If I have proof that the NCP has failed to provide adequate support under a order of the court. (filing contempt) Since August of last year, and that I have full legal and physical custody.
would this information be suffiecient to prove 7b111 (a)(4)

This person has claimed a lot and has not done it. I do not want my child to undergo any more emotional trauma at his expense, because he does not know how to bond with a child.

What should I do? I dont want to push my luck with the judge, but respectfully I must do what I feel is in the best interest of my child. NCP does not wish to give up his rights. But NCP has not called her, but claims to love and care for her and that he is such a huge influence on her life. but she is simply apathetic towards him. She has bonded to other people. She just does not want to or desire to bond with him.

Is their a way to let the judge know what needs to be done without actually stating the words termination of parental rights?

I do not want to be the bad person here, but the therapists letter to the court was pretty straight forward as to the wishes of my child.
Afterall, this is her life we are talking about.


No, I do not think the father’s failure to bond with the child are grounds to terminate his parental rights. I also believe that most judges would take issue with your stance that the child “already has a father” being her stepfather. Given the facts of the case, I believe you can take another route in limiting visitation to the amounts of time that are in your child’s best interest by laying out all the evidence for the judge.