Turning of Key


If you lived together then he cannot simply lock you out of the house. However, let him continue to shoot himself in the foot. Call the sherriff and have them open the door so you can either stay at the house, or get your things. You need an attorney, period.


I did call the sheriffs dept, they could not open the door, I ended up having to call a locksmith. I am not the one who has done anything wrong, and do not feel that I should leave the home, until I can get myself established. The officers told me that there was nothing they could do about the situation, He could continue to change the locks if he wanted to and I could continue to break in the house or call a locksmith. This just does not seem right to me.


You’re right, it’s not necessarily “right,” and that is the truly weird thing about marriage and divorce. It’s unlike any contract I have ever seen. Nothing seems to make sense, it seems at times arbitrary and open to emotion and wide latitudes of interpretation… I guess what I’m trying to say is, you can ride this roller coaster as much as you want, but I GUARANTEE you will get sick real soon. Seek a settlement and get on with your life, don’t waste any more of it on this putz.


My husband and I have been married for four months. been together for over 10 years, He is an officer of the law, I found out 1 month after marriage he had a fiance’ whom he has been dating for over 5 years. He left our house (which is in his name alone, but he had it built for me)in August, he left one day and did not call or come around, Then he left me a note and asked me to move out, I refused.
I got hame last night to find my things outside and the locks changed on the doors,
What are my rights?