Unmarried father's rights

Does a father need to first establish paternity to get visitation rights granted. I think it is called Legitimation. I want to get a schedule for sharing custody. Do I need an attorney or can I use this site to create a child custody agreement. Thanks.

You won’t need to establish paternity unless the child’s mother contests your paternity. It may be prudent for you to have a consultation with an attorney to explain your circumstances and get some advice. You can certainly use all of the resources on our website, as well.