What can he do>

Even if you dismiss your lawsuit he could file one of his own and ask the court to order that the children be returned. The less interest he shows in the children the more unlikely it is that this will happen.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com/live for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I have a loop hole, a small window of oppertunity to make a change for everyone, that I feel is in their best interest for their safety and emotional well being.
I am the only one that filed suit, he has not counter claimed anything. The last thing he got was a letter from my attorney stating that I intended to take the three younger children and move to out of state. He had not replyed to that.
So my plan is to dismiss my case with my attorney, as long as he hadnt filed anything agaisnt me, and that will be check right before I drop my case.
If nothing is in place then I am taking the kids and leaving the state.
What can he do to force me to come back with the kids? How easy would that be for him, and how expensive.
I have family there, a place to live, already looking for a job and the kids will be enrolled in school and in activities right away.
I have been the primary caregiver all their lives.