What else should i be doing?



As youve seen my posts I just wanted to update on the following behaviors . I went to drop off my daughter at the apt where my wife is with my younger brother b/c at this point its not safe to go alone. I had to wait a full hour for her to get there b/c she was “out” when she got back she didnt tell me where she went . Then I see a bunch of flowers on my table and a card from a guy named Kaleb . I only asked her about this b/c of the safety of my daughter which the lack of responsible she has with me having to wait almost an hour in the apt for her to come back she tells me its from a guyfriend . I know the one year separation can be tricky with dating others but her making it so obvious was a poor decision. As advice from lawyers im continueing to document everything . Is there anything else i should be doing? I tried making a consent order draft soon ill present it to her to see if we can get a agreement on it .

also ive changed my debit card , removed her off as beneficary , and changed my mail address


Yes, you should be documenting everything as well as making sure you have evidence of illicit sexual behavior from during the marriage (i.e. before the date of separation).

Make sure your proposed consent order addresses all issues (or that you have a separation agreement for the remainder of issues): equitable distribution (dividing and distributing the marital assets and debts), alimony if necessary, child custody, and child support.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.