When does financial seperation take place?

bumping back up for a reply

she answers posts in the order they are received so your bump just moved you to the end of the list :frowning:

Hey bigspender
I have a question for you what type of a therapists is she seeing because mine has the same problem and I also found she has woman problems and is now taking medication for it.
To your first you will responsible until the date of your sepration unless you put in the contract that all her bills are hers and your bills are yours I did that to mine and she is stuck with around $75k [:D] and she is not happy about that know sorry but life is show much better without.
I am no lawyer but I hope this helped you please let me know about what kind of therapist she is seeing

Dear bigspender:

Greetings. On the date of separation you are no longer responsible for the debts she creates.

Her behavior, and the criminal record, are very significant. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Dear almostdone:

Thanks. I love it when people get the patter. This post was only 2 days old when I answered it. Can you imagine how patient all the people were who I could not answer for a week or more.

I always wonder if people that are impatient for free advice…how would they be if they paid for the same??? LOL

Have a great day!

P.S. bigspender - Don’t worry. You are not alone in your impatience.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hello,

This has been developing for quite a while, but to make a long story short.

My wife has lied about her spending, gotten arrested for credit card fraud, said she was not spending excessively anymore, and then I find out yesterday that she is lying again and charging credit card behind my back. She is in therapy now, but it hasn’t improved matters.

My questions to you are- 1) at what point am I no longer responsible for her credit card bills? Speration date?

And 2) How significant is the pattern of behavior, the conviction and her therapist’s opinion in the child custody decision?

Thanks