Where to start

I want to move out of my house with my children this fall to a smaller place that I can afford. My husband has been on a pity party since he was let go from his firm 1.5 yrs ago. He is not moving in any acceptable direction and I cannot take it anymore. Our daughters go to private school and I have a great job that can support us in a smaller place. I’ve tried to speak to him about it but he just puts up a wall… meanwhile bills are piling up and I feel like I’m drowning. Where do I start - legally.

You may move out of the home with the children so long as you let your husband know where the children are, and allow him access to them. I would advise you to meet with a lawyer to create a plan of action before you do anything.

Will this cost me anything upfront? I live in Wilmington and do not know of a good lawyer, recommendations?

Some lawyers do offer no, or low cost initial consultations. You may contact our office for a referral in your area, or may use our lawyer locater on the home page.